MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER – ACEH JUSTICE PROJECT (INTERNATIONAL)
||Banda Aceh, INDONESIA
|Application Deadline :
|Type of Contract :
|Post Level :
|Languages Required :
|UNDP Indonesia’s mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.
The overall objective of the project is to support the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between the Government of Indonesia and the Free Aceh Movement and to consolidate the peace and development processes in Aceh, in line with the relevant provisions of the MoU: Chapters 1.1 – Law on Governing of Aceh; 1.4 -Rule of Law, Articles 1.4.3 and 1.4.4; 2 – Human Rights – Articles 2.2 and 2.3. This will be achieved by improving citizens’ access to justice and supporting the evolution of a more responsive justice system. The project was developed on the basis of needs identified during a UNDP-led access to justice assessment undertaken in Aceh in early 2006, the conclusions of which were substantially used to inform its design.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Summary of key Monitoring and Evaluation Officer functions:
- In cooperation with the project staff, design/modify a monitoring and evaluation framework for the project which suits the project outputs and outcomes;
- Implement the monitoring and evaluation strategy – including monitoring at the level of contracts/activities, project outputs and project outcomes, using consultants and responsible parties where necessary and if budgeted;
- Monitor project progress against annual and quarterly work plan and budget plans;
- Facilitate the implementation of base-line data collection to measure progress on? project outcomes and follow up studies, as outlined in the project document; and
- Prepare regular progress reports on monitoring.
- Develop quarterly M&E work plans and expenditure plans based on the agreed annual work plan; and
- Review project resource requirements and provide advice to the Project Manager on the need for budget adjustments and revision.
- Supervise the work of the national M&E officer in undertaking contract/ activity and output monitoring.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor project progress against annual and quarterly work plans and budget plans;
- Monitor and evaluate activities implemented by project partners; and
- Liaise with the Implementing Agency and UNDP on the conduct of project evaluation and ensure access by the evaluators to project documentation, personnel and institutions involved in the project.
Reporting and Audit
- Prepare project progress reports (quarterly and annual / financial and substantive) against set targets and indicators, with an analysis of evidence of progress towards planned outputs according to schedules, budgets, and inputs provided by the project;
- Prepare the final project report, with an analysis of progress towards expected results as defined in the Project Document and subsequent work plans and budgets. Together with UNDP, organize the final project review meeting;
- Establish and maintain a systematic filing system of key documents (in hard copy and soft copy) in line with audit requirements;
- Assist UNDP Program Manager/Officer in closing projects operationally and financially in accordance of rules and regulations of UNDP and in close coordination with implementing agencies;
- Liaise with UNDP on the conduct of project audit and ensure access by auditors to project documentation, personnel and institutions involved in the project.? Ensure that audit recommendations are complied with.
- Ensure that relevant project outputs, best practices and lessons learned are disseminated, complying with the quality requirements of the implementing agency, UNDP and other donor;
- Identify relevant databases and facilitate access by project partners to relevant, state of the art information;
- Represent the NPD and the national implementing agency as required in networks and events that are relevant to project(s) under his/her responsibility.
Impact of Results
Project implementation in line with the objectives of the project and UNDP rules, regulation and procedures is critical to ensure achievement of UNDP Country Programme outcomes. A client-oriented and efficient approach has impact on the image of UNDP Country Office.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP?s mission, vision and values; and
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Has experience in developing overall monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Has extensive experience in monitoring and evaluation of development projects at output and outcome level.
- Has experience in qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
Communications and Networking
- Has excellent oral communication skills and conflict resolution competency to manage inter-group dynamics and mediate conflicting interests of varied actors.
- Has excellent written communication skills, with analytical capacity and ability to synthesize project outputs and relevant findings for the preparation of quality project reports.
- Has demonstrated knowledge and experience in working on improving access to justice and pro-poor justice sector reform and existing networks of experts and policy makers.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking members of national and international institutions, government and civil society organizations.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively mentors PMU staff under her/his supervision
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Competent in creating team spirit, stimulating team members to produce quality outputs in a timely and transparent fashion.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or the equivalent in Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience at the international level in development areas.
- Prior monitoring and evaluation (design and implementation) experience.
- Familiarity of UNDP system, rules and procedures is an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages and in handling of web-based management system.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is highly desirable.
“Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply”