(lowongan yang berkaitan dengan PBB dan UNDP terbaru bulan ini, silakan lihat posisi lainnya di Klik BLOG INI)
PROGRAMME MANAGER – HUMAN RIGHTS, LEGAL AND JUSTICE SECTOR REFORM (INTERNATIONAL)
Location : Jakarta, INDONESIA
Application Deadline : 07-Jul-08
Type of Contract : ALD International
Post Level : ALD-3
Languages Required :
Duration of Initial Contract : 1 year (extendable)
UNDP Indonesia’s mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.
I. Organizational Context
UNDP is assisting the Government of Indonesia in strengthening adherence to human rights and reforming the legal/justice sector as a contributing condition to sustainable human development. Access to justice is at the center of institutional reform, enhancing democratic governance and the functioning of the rule of law in Indonesia. Access to justice creates conditions that enable individuals, especially the most vulnerable and marginalized, to resolve legitimate grievances quickly and effectively under the rule of law rather than through potentially discriminatory exercises of discretion.
The UNDP-Indonesia Human Rights, Legal and Justice Sector Reform (HRLJSR) Programme is currently engaged in three ongoing projects with three potential projects in either the assessment or preparatory stage.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Implementation of the HRLJSR Programme mandate;
* Management of the HRLJSR Programme, including financial aspects;
* HRLJSR Team Management for the Programme Team at the Country Office as well as those at the Project Management Units (PMUs).
* Creation of strategic partnerships and the development/maintenance and implementation of resource mobilization strategies; and
* Provision of top quality policy advice to the Government of Indonesia and the facilitation of knowledge building.
Function / Expected Results
Ensure the implementation of the HRLJSR Programme as focused on achieving the following results:
* Thorough analysis and research of the political, human rights, legal, social, and economic situation in Indonesia, the preparation of substantive inputs into the CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP and other UNDP-Indonesia documents;
* The implementation standard UNDP operating procedures and results management practices;
Ensure quality assurance with regard to the implementation of the USD 17,000,000 HRLJSR Programme that consists of three projects dedicated to:
* The legal and human rights empowerment of civil society organizations in three post-conflict provinces of Indonesia as focused on issues of gender, the provision of free legal assistance for the vulnerable and marginalized, local government oversight and land/natural resource rights;
* Strengthening access to justice and human rights in Aceh through institutional capacity building, public awareness and civil society empowerment; and
* The enhanced ability of the Ministry of Law and Human Rights (Ministry of Justice) at the national, provincial and local levels of Indonesia, to develop and utilize guidelines to legal drafting from a human rights, gender and sustainable development perspective.
Function / Expected Results
Ensure effective management of the HRLJSR Programme focusing on quality control in the formulation and implementation of the Country Programme as achieving the following results:
* The effective application of results-based management tools, establishment of management targets, and monitoring/ensuring the achievement of programme and project results;
* The design of further projects under the HRLJSR Programme, translating UNDP priorities into national and local interventions. Coordinate programme and project implementation within the Government of Indonesia executing agencies and ensure the usage of baseline surveys, performance indicators/success criteria, cost recovery, targeting, and milestones;
* The initiation of new projects; using ATLAS for project management; developing/finalizing contribution agreements; determining and ensuring required project revisions; coordinating mandatory budget re-phasing; and closing projects as necessary. The Programme Manager a.i. also participates in recruitment and procurement processes for the programme and projects;
* Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of HRLJSR projects, identifying operational and financial problems and developing solutions. Participating in the audit of all HRLJSR NEX projects;
* The evaluation of the programme impact (the monitoring and analysis of the programme environment and timely readjustment within the portfolio); and
* The management of the HRLJSR Programme Team through the provision of team leadership, staff coaching and mentoring.
Function / Expected Results
Ensure the creation of strategic partnerships and the development/maintenance and implementation of resource mobilization strategies focusing on achieving the following results:
* The development of partnerships with UN Agencies/Funds/Programmes, IFIs, Government of Indonesia institutions, bilateral and multilateral donors, the private sector, and civil society as supporting HRLJSR Programme objectives, the strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and donor priorities; and
* The analysis of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, the identification of opportunities for the initiation of new projects, and an active contribution to the overall office effort towards resource mobilization.
Ensure provision of top quality policy advice to the Government of Indonesia and the facilitation of knowledge building as focused on achieving the following results:
* The identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues and the identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to HRLJSR Programme goals;
* The development of policies and institutions that will address national problems and needs in collaboration with the Government of Indonesia and other strategic partners;
* Sound contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice (acting as the human rights focal point for UNDP); and
* The organization of relevant substantive and operational training for the programme and project staff, as necessary.
Impact of Results
The above listed key results have an impact on the success of the UNDP-Indonesia Country Programme within the HRLJSR area of cooperation. In particular, key results have an impact on the design, of new projects, existing project implementation, the creation of strategic partnerships, and realization of resource mobilization targets.
* Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethnical standards;
* Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability; and
* Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
a. Knowledge Management and Learning:
* Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office;
* In-depth knowledge on development issues;
* Ability to advocate and provide policy advice; and
* Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plans and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
* Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management processes and coordinate effective reporting;
* Ability to lead in the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the HRLJSR programme and projects, mobilizing all necessary resources;
* Strong information technology skills; and
* Ability to lead in the implementation of new systems (business side), and positively affect staff behavioral and attitudinal changes.
Management and Leadership
* Focuses on impact and results for beneficiaries and responds positively to feedback;
* Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills;
* Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
* Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
* Builds strong relationships with beneficiaries and external actors;
* Remains calm, in control and good humoured, even under pressure; and
* Demonstrates openness to change and the ability to manage multiple complex tasks
Required Skills and Experience
* Master’s degree in business administration, public administration, political science or a related field.
* A minimum of 5 years relevant experience at the national or international level in development, 2 years of which should be in a managerial position;
* Proven experience in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
* Knowledge and experience in HRLJSR issues; Knowledge on Indonesia human rights, legal and justice issues is a plus.
* Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages and handling web-based management systems;
* Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia is highly desirable.
Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply