Description of Responsibilities :
Under the general supervision of the Director UNESCO Jakarta and the director supervision of the Administrative Officer and in close cooperation with the Programme Specialists of the UNESCO Jakarta Office, the incumbent shall assist in maintaining the Jakarta Offic’s financial and HR system, and shall perform the following functions:
- Act as alternative certifying officer for the Office, Verity/process all payments requests emanating from different units in the Office and from Dili Antenna and ensure that all transactions to be posted in FABS (or FOX) have been reviewed and certified by the certifying officer.
- Ensure the back up of the finance assistant.
- Ensure the up-to-date maintenance of the Office computerized inventory for non-expandable equipment and prepare the end-of-the-year statement to be sent to HQs in cooperation with the IT assistant.
- Maintain proper records for the replenishment of supplies.
- Design and keep up-to-date a database on local suppliers and hotels.
- In charge of the UNESCO office premises. Liaise with the owner of the UNESCO house, for renewal of lease agreement, as well as for repairs to be undertaken, take necessary measures to maintain the Office in good working conditions.
- Ensure that all contracts under ADM responsibility (lease agreement, photocopier, maintenance of AC, generator, swimming pool, cleaning service, guards) are renewed on a timely manner.
- Ensure that services given by the contracted companies are complying with their respective contracts.
- Negotiate and maintain the insurance policies on UNESCO’s property.
- Act as focal point for Security.
- Follow OMT Meeting during absences of the AO. Liaise with BFC in order to get necessary funds to cover expenses relative to security, raise the corresponding FRN and monitor their payments, as well as their liquidations.
- Advise UNESCO staff on security conditions in Indonesia, such as security briefing upon arrival, UNDSS assessment of private houses/flats by UNDSS, needs of guards.
- Make sure that the Office generators in good working conditions at any time.
- In close cooperation with Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the appropriate Ministries arrange for International Staff and their dependants, diplomatic and ID cards, residential and multiple exit re-entry visa. Ensure the timely extension of UNLP. Liaise with the appropriate national authorities for tax exemption relative to International staff. Provide proactively staff with clear information, and assist them regarding TAX exemption and refunds. Support international staff giving them clear advice on different matters such as clearances, imports, car purchasing.
- Back up the administrative assistant in charge of HRM during her absence.
- Any additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team to which assigned.
- Undertake any other task as requested by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of the UN systems, financial and administrative rules and practices
- Good judgement, initiative, high sense of responsibility, organization, analytical skills associated with prioritizing demands and daily management of activities
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work well with people from different cultural background and effectively with individuals at various levels of government and authority.
- Strong communication skills (spoken and written)
- Good team spirit/team worker/builder
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, with efficiency, competence, integrity, as well as to work under pressure in order to meet the deadlines, specially regarding the salaries payments
Educations: University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or an equivalent Secondary School diploma in the same fields combined with more than 5 (five) years experience in Accounting and Finance.
Work Experience: A minimum of 6 years relevant work experience in finance and , accounting, preferably in UNESCO or in an international organization.
Computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access). Proficient in using computerized accounting softwares (e.g. SAP/Citrix Based). Auditing background in large multinational organization is preferred.
Languages: Must have fluency in spoken and written English and ability to draft documents and express views in a clear and concise manner. Working knowledge of French an asset.
Most recent Curriculum Vitae accompanied by an application letter should be sent to:
The Administration Officer
Jl. Galuh (II) No. 5
Fax: (62-21) 7279 6489
We shall only respond to short-listed candidate and with whom the organization has an interest.