Primary purpose of the position:
The engineer will play a key product engineering role for Inmarsat products, specifically the satellite phone products. This will be the 2nd generation of Inmarsat Global Satellite Phone Services User terminals and future Inmarsat product evolution.
The engineer will also be responsible for on-going engineering for the range of satellite phones services, including supporting development, testing and roll-out of new service features, terminal firmware and accessories.
- Conduct engineering test and evaluation effort during development of 2nd generation Inmarsat Global Satellite Phone Services User Terminal, and on-going engineering support for the current range of Isat Phone, Land Phone, Fleet Phone terminals.
- Perform or working with suppliers to do software and firmware modifications as required for customized applications.
- Evaluate, test, and benchmark potential solutions to improve the product features and services, in close coordination with the Inmarsat Product Manager and Commercial teams.
- Provide User Terminal engineering support during Inmarsat Global Satellite Phone Services operational service.
- Provide input, review, verification and recommendation for user terminal accessories.
- Ensure the quality and competitiveness of products and services
- Engage in product development processes with engineering colleagues in Batam and with key suppliers.
- Plan and manage ongoing performance tests and benchmarking against other competitive products and Inmarsat services.
- Interface with network functions – ensure product network status is monitored and regulated.
- Act as point of contact for Inmarsat Product Management Team and Customer Care on all satellite phone services questions, issues, and user feedback.
Qualification & skills required:
- Holder of Bachelor Degree (S1) in Technology of Electronic/Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in telecommunication industry, in at least one of the following technology; GSM/WCDMA network planning, RAN/BSS, GSM product type approval and RF , and antenna design & testing.
- Good knowledge of GSM/3GPP specification, CCS7 and IP technologies
- Having experience with Telecommunication test methodology (generate test plan and test procedure, test execution and generate test report).
- Knowledge in programming with C/C++ and Embedded software (microcontroller programming).
- Having experience in enhanced voice product development/engineering is desired.
- An understanding of the requirements of the land & maritime sector would be an advantage.
- Fluent spoken and written English is required, together with strong communication skills and responsiveness
- Able to work independently and be willing to travel aboard and Indonesian area.
Other relevant information:
- Due to the necessity to communicate with several offices of Inmarsat with different time zone, flexibility may be needed on occasion to operate relatively late in the working day Batam time.
Sphere of influence of the position:
The job needs to be integrated or co-ordinated with a wide range of other activities, within and external to Inmarsat, which may be quite diverse in nature.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
To apply please send your detailed resume by post mail or email by 12 December 2009 to:
Jalan Jaksa Agung R. Suprapto
Sekupang, Batam 29421
(email exceed than 300kb will be automatically rejected by the system)