UNICEF Indonesia welcomes applications from qualified Indonesian national candidates for the following vacancies. Each candidate should provide their full curriculum vitae, updated P11 form and latest Performance Evaluations accompanied by a recent identity photograph and photocopies of diplomas addressed to:
Human Resources Specialist, UNICEF
Wisma Metropolitan II, 11th Floor
Jl. Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 31 Jakarta 12920
Or send electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please quote the post title for which you are applying for in the subject line)
Closing date: 22 March 2010
UNICEF offers equal employment opportunities and qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
VACANCY REFERENCE: 10-003
Title: Education Specialist (Temporary Appointment, NOC level) – 2 positions
Duty Station: Jayapura and Manokwari
Contract Duration: until 31 December 2010
SUMMARY OF THE POST:
Under the general supervision of the Education Specialist (L4) and in coordination with the HIV and Youth Specialist (L3), the incumbent overall responsibility will be to provide technical assistance and guidance on the implementation of the Education Programme for Papua and West Papua, and assist the management and coordination of the programme, especially in but not limited to the designated province of the incumbent.
• Advance university degree in social sciences or related discipline, preferably with a focus on educational management, policy development and analysis.
• At least 5 years’ of professional experience in the education sector including policy development, strategic education planning and management of policy implementation.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the challenge for Indonesia’s education sector in reaching its targets for Education for All (EFA) and Millennium Development Goals (MDG)
• Previous experience in working in decentralized government structures at national and sub-national level.
• Strong knowledge and skills in programme/project management
• Previous experience working in the region is a strong asset.
• Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia both in speaking and writing.
• Other skills and attributes:
o Analytical, conceptual, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills.
o Planning and monitoring skills; ability to organize work and projects.
o Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions.
o Training ability.
o Supervisory and managerial skills.
o Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
o Commitment to continuous learning for professional development.
o Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
o Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
UNICEF IS A SMOKE–FREE ENVIRONMENT